Our early interview evenings are taking place over the next couple of weeks for entry in September 2018. If you’ve received your interview appointment take a look below at our tips to ensure you deliver the best interview you can!
To receive an interview appointment you need to first complete and submit your application – go to https://apply.sfx.ac.uk to apply today.
BEFORE THE INTERVIEW
• Plan your journey to make sure you arrive on time;
• We can’t make you an offer of a place without a reference from your school or college, so to speed things up speak to your referee to check they have sent your reference to us. If you have already been given a school report during year 11 you bring that with you as we may be able to use it in place of a reference.
• Have a look through our prospectus to get a good idea of the courses, facilities and opportunities we have on offer at SFX. Think about which courses you are hoping to do next year – if you’re not sure do not worry! The interview is the perfect time to ask for some advice. If you don’t have our prospectus at home, you can view it online HERE.
• You will be asked about what courses you want to do and why, as well as what plans you have for the future – think about what you want to say
• The interview is your opportunity to sell yourself as much as possible. Think about all of your interests, hobbies, extracurricular activities, work experience and achievements you want to tell us about.
DURING THE INTERVIEW
• Dress appropriately to make the best impression you can! You don’t need to wear a suit but come looking smart in your school uniform or smart casual attire.
• Get here at least 5 minutes early to give yourself a chance to relax and read through some pre-interview information.
• Use the interview to ask any questions you have. The interview is for you to find out about us just as much as it is for us to find out about you. There will be a chance in the interview for you to ask any questions you have, so think about what you want to know!
• Sell yourself to us! Don’t be afraid to boast about your achievements.
• Don’t stress out. Keep in mind that the interviewer just wants to find out a bit more information about you, they aren’t going to ask you any trick questions or try and catch you out!
The interview usually lasts about 15 minutes. If we have all of the information we need (including your reference) we might make you an offer of a place at the interview. If you have any questions you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8772 6072.
We look forward to meeting you!