Applying for a place at SFX
Admissions Policy and Procedure
Applications are welcomed from students who wish to continue their education in a Christian environment and who are prepared to support the ethos of the College.
Applications for September 2013
An Application Form for entry in September 2013 can be downloaded here
Acknowledgement of Receipt of Application
Receipt of application will be acknowledged by return of post.
To proceed to being interviewed for a place at the College, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The application must meet the deadline set for the submission of applications. The deadline is by 6pm on the first Friday in December. Applications received after this date will be placed on a waiting list and interviews allocated in date order, if available.
- An acceptable reference must have been received by SFX with respect to the applicant which endorses his/her suitability for the chosen course(s).
Students who have met the requirements of the procedures set out above will be invited to an interview at the College. Applicants will be informed of the interview date by letter. A parent or guardian must accompany the student to the interview.
Allocation of Conditional Places
Conditional places will be offered to students by February for specific programmes of study subject to the following conditions:
1. Attendance and satisfactory outcome at the interview on the date agreed.
2. The applicant’s predicted grades meet the general level entry requirements and the specific course entry requirements.
Applicants must confirm their acceptance of the offer of a place within two working weeks of receipt of the offer. If no reply is received by this time, the offer may be withdrawn.
The College operates a waiting list for interview. Those whose applications are received after the first Friday in December will automatically be placed on this waiting list unless they express a wish not to be included on the list. Interviews from the Waiting List will be allocated in date order of receipt of the application.
The exact date of enrolment will be communicated by letter following the written acceptance of the conditional offer. Students holding conditional course offers will be enrolled in the nominated period at the end of August and early September. Student places will be confirmed at this point providing:
- The entry requirements for the programme of study and the specific courses offered have been met
- Satisfactory attendance at enrolment/induction has taken place
- The course applied for continues to be offered
- No unsatisfactory reference has been received from the applicant’s school
In the event of a course being over-subscribed, priority will be given to those holding offers in the following order:
1. Level of attainment with respect to published programme level entry requirements,
2. Availability on courses chosen on application form,
3. Attendance at one of the College’s partner schools:
- Bishop Thomas Grant School
- Sacred Heart RC School, Camberwell
- Saint John Bosco College
- St Michael’s College
- La Retraite RC School
- St Thomas the Apostle College
- Notre Dame High School
4.Date of receipt of application.
Opportunities to view the College
For all students there is an Open Day during the autumn term. This was held on Saturday 10th November 2012. This is an opportunity to meet staff and explore options but there are also many SFX students present who serve as guides and they will be happy to discuss SFX with you from a student’s perspective.
Further opportunities to visit the College can be arranged by appointment. These take place between 4pm and 7pm. Please telephone the Admissions Department on 020 8772 6072.
Information for 2013 - 14 will be provided when it becomes available.
There are no tuition fees chargeable to full-time students from within the European Union for those under 19 years of age on 1st September 2013. However, all students pay an ICT package fee of £50 at the point of enrolment. Some subjects make a charge for additional books/materials and details of these appear in the published course information.
Students over the age 19 on 1st September 2013 may be liable to pay tuition fees; this depends on the prior level of achievement of the individual and whether or not they are commencing a new course at this enrolment point. Further information about these or other charges can be found by contacting the Admissions Department via the College’s main telephone number 020 8772 6000.