On this course, students will look at areas such as finance, understanding business organisations and environments, marketing and law.
Unit 1: Exploring Business
Unit 2: Developing a Marketing Campaign
Unit 3: Personal and Business Finance
Unit 5: International Business
Unit 6: Principles of Management
Unit 7: Business Decision Making
Assessment will be internal and external. A student achieving three distinction grades for the overall course has a qualification that is equivalent to three A grades at A level.
With this qualification students will be able to progress to degree courses such as Business Studies, Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Business Combined, Business IT, Business and MIS Systems and other related degrees.
Alternatively, students can go into employment in a business related area, such as retail, administration, accounts and supervisory roles. The Diploma will earn you UCAS points in the same way as A levels.
• Work Experience opportunity for all students.
• Visits to well-known businesses.
• A course that covers all aspects of business studies including accountancy, economics, business law and starting a business.
• Practical and interactive learning to build a portfolio of work.
• Outstanding preparation for a business related degree and independent learning.
In addition to our Programme Entry Requirements, applicants must also meet specific Course Entry Requirements:
Grade 4 in Maths
BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business (or equivalent) with Merit