Sixth form colleges can offer you a fresh start to continue your studies in a different environment where you can make new friends. At a sixth form college you can benefit from:
- The wide range of courses available
- The experience of making that step from one institution to another and developing confidence, independence and maturity; you will therefore be well equipped to make the change when going to university or into employment thorough support systems that are in place to monitor your performance
- Daily tutorials which help students to reach their potential and help with preparation for UCAS applications and university increased independence as you will be expected to manage your time, deadlines, study and workload which is very effective preparation for university and personal life
- Being taught by teachers who are experts in the field of teaching 16-19 year olds as they only concentrate on that age group
- Specialist programmes for students applying to Oxbridge or top universities
- High success rates
- 76% of sixth form colleges have been judged as ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted (including SFX).